Saturday, November 27, 2004

You found some wrong in everything...


For most of you, any bit of exposure to the band Colourbox was probably through their side project, M.A.R.R.S....which they did with AR Kane (see this earlier post). I suppose some of you will probably say that your probably better off as a result, but they've always held a special place in my collection (or was that heart?).

Colourbox was formed in 1982 by the brothers Martyn and Steve Young. Their first singer, Debian Curry, was replaced a year later by Lorita Grahame, who stayed with the group the rest of their short existance. They had a total of two full lengths and more recently, a greatest hits album (what?)...(click here for a discography). They seemed to have disappeared after recording 1987's "Pump up the Volume" with AR Kane.

Here are three songs from their self-titled 1984 album (they were all self-titled, weren't they?). Now remember, these guys changed their tune quite a bit during an album and they were one of the early adopters of heavy sampling (outside of the realm of hip-hop/rap):

Colourbox - Say You REMOVED
Colourbox - Arena REMOVED
Colourbox - Edit the Dragon REMOVED

You can get their greatest hits and the album (it's an import) from which these songs came from over at Amazon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

I remember Colourbox. I was just now listening to "The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme" and "Baby, I Love You So" just now when I happened upon your site. Thanks for bringing back memories...

10:00 PM  
Blogger heath said...

dammit you beat me to the colourbox post! maybe I will do my own, regardless. or maybe MARRS w/ the songs mp3ed that it samples!? oh thats a good idea. and thanks for reminding me about AiH (above), thats a good album.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Spoilt Victorian Child said...

I love Colourbox, and pretty much everything they did was spot on.
I did a Colourbox post about 4 or 5 months ago, posted "Baby I Love You So"...
Had a real problem picking a track i tell you...
Love them all.

Simon
x

10:00 AM  
Blogger heath said...

yo baby, I just made my colourbox post as well. oi.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with no damage to your business’ budget whatsoever.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.