Wednesday, December 08, 2004

skimming stones across the surface



Perfect pop bliss? Well, on occasion, I find it...and this album ranks up there for me...in the top 20 or so...

There are moments when Eggstone remind me of Blur...but those are fleeting. Mostly they just sound sweet and good and make me want to dance in a field of flowers and...oh, that's too much information, isn't it?

I know very little about these guys, other than they are Swedish and seem to have a couple of albums other than Somersault, the only album I have by them.

Here's a quote from All Music's description of Somersault:
Very few albums exist that exude more sappy wimpiness than Eggstone's Somersault -- and that's very much a compliment. Throughout the album, meanwhile, things just sparkle and charge with a pure zest. Sunding has an astonishingly pure and lovely voice, clean and clear without being overly polished, his soaring verses and wordless coos and sighs fitting with the music just right.

There last release was in 2001, it seems. They have a defunct semi-official web site and that seems to be it. Here's an Amazon link where you can pick up Somersault for .39 cents! If you can enlighten me, please do!

Eggstone - Good Morning REMOVED
Eggstone - Water REMOVED
Eggstone - Split REMOVED

2 Comments:

Blogger Tuwa said...

Pop goodness, yes.

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really excited to see something about Eggstone.

I don't know anything more about them than you do, but a few years ago one of the college radio stations in Atlanta used to frequently play one of their songs, "It's Not the Rain", which I highly recommend.

I honestly wasn't sure if the singer was male or female until I saw the picture on your site. Thanks!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.