Tuesday, November 16, 2004

...with a heart and an arrow through...



The amazing thing to me about Lloyd Cole is how long I've been listening to him...and I mean that in the sense that he's been producing albums the whole time. I remember the first time I heard a song by him, I think it was "Perfect Skin," which would have been around 1984. And he's been with me since, the collection of CD's and LP's in my library growing and growing and I've yet to tire him.

I saw him live back in 1992, I think it was, and I was not disappointed. He was a flawless performer, his voice and music sounding perfect and his personality shining.

He's worked with so many different people over the years, the list is huge....I'll just say that Matthew Sweet, Fred Maher, Jill Sobule, Paul Buckmaster, Stephen Street, and others are on it.

So here are three songs...they first is one of my favorite early songs, when he was with the Commotions, the others are a little more rare. You can buy his newer stuff directly from LloydCole.com or there's a wider selection over at Amazon. And he's on iTunes as well. Enjoy.

Lloyd Cole

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - Jennifer She Said - REMOVED
Lloyd Cole - Witching Hour - REMOVED
Lloyd Cole - Children of the Revolution (Marc Bolan) - REMOVED

1 Comments:

Blogger Tuwa said...

I like these a lot.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.