Monday, November 15, 2004

A Feat So Bold



Another post, what is wrong with me...is anybody reading this stuff anyway?

I don't know where to start with Bobby Birdman...imagine DNTEL mixing with Mel Torme...or (from Filter) "the indie-rock Perry Como."

He's a lounge singer with heart, carrying an electronic suitcase...music full of blips and bleeps and soundscapes... I have to say, that my favorite songs are ones that Y.A.C.H.T has touched, there's something about Jona's ability to make these electronic blips have feelings that adds another level to Bobby Birdman's music.

Also from Filter:
"Imagine the voice of David Bowie, only American and softer, backed by odd beats and click, and keyboards purchased at Alan Parsons' rummage sale."

•From "Heart Caves" (w/Y.A.C.H.T.):
Bobby Birdman - A Feat So Bold
Bobby Birdman - I Will Come Again

Y.A.C.H.T. remixes:
Bobby Birdman - And Then It Begins (remix)
Bobby Birdman - I Will Come Again

•From "Born Free Forever"
Bobby Birdman - So The Blood
Bobby Birdman - I Said "OK," The Wind Said "No!"

•From "Exhausted, The Cost Of"
Bobby Birdman - Love Be Long
Bobby Birdman - I Pulled It Over My Eyes

•From "Let Me In"
Bobby Birdman - Moving On/Up
Bobby Birdman - I Must Admit That I Love You

Click on the link above the song to purchase an album, for the most part, although some aren't available any more, or go to States Rights Records.

He's also touring right now, and there are some dates in there with Y.A.C.H.T, I'm planning on going...if they're coming to your town, you should too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tuwa said...

That's an insane amount of songs for one post. ^_^ They're good, but ... wow.

6:46 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

yeah, it is a lot, isn't it...they're all songs available from him or his labels so I thought I'd consolidate them all. Glad you liked them, he's a bit different...

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.