Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's getting late...should we go to bed?



Here's a late night post. I think Craig over at Songs: Illinois will like this one.

The Scud Mountain Boys formed in 1991 and released three albums before stopping. Joe Pernice went on to form a couple of other bands, including Chappaquiddick Skyline and more currently the Pernice Brothers (also look here).

The Scud Mountain Boys have a very sweet sound, very intimate. There first album was recorded in their kitchen and it feels like they've invited you in to a private show.

Here's two of my favorites, among many. You can find their records here, at SubPop or over on itunes as well

This first track took me by surprise the first time I heard it, it's so different from the original that I didn't know what it was at first. The second track, well, I'll let you listen and figure out what it's about!

Scud Mountain Boys - Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves REMOVED

Scud Mountain Boys - Van Drunk REMOVED
.
Scud Mountain Boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.