Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Would the real Courtney Love please stand up?

Pay attention, kiddos. If you're a Dresden Doll's fan, I've got a small contest at the end of the post.

I did a post about Lois back in February...and briefly mentioned that she was the source for Courtney Love's (yes, THAT Courtney love) name...the origin? Lois' first band.



Both of these come from the untitled 1990 single release. Hard album to take a photo of. Can you say "purchase a scanner, guanoboy?"

Courtney Love - Motorcycle Boy REMOVED
Courtney Love - The Second Most Beautiful Girl In The World REMOVED

Apparently, so the story goes, Lois and Courtney were roommates at one point...and Courtney loved the band name and took it as her own. To be extremely lazy, I'll quote myself...I've heard Lois referred to as the Grandmother of the "Riot Girls" and such, and well, she's not that old, is she? This track is from her first "Lois" release. She's worked with lots of indie-hipsters, like Donna Dresch, Brendan Canty, Ian McKaye, Heather Dunn (Dub Narcotic) and others. You can get another track from Lois over at Epitonic, as well as some more bio info on her

Lots of tracks over at k records just waiting for you to buy them.

I heard that Epitonic got bought by NBC...wow. That would explain the re-design.

Oh yeah, Dresden Dolls. It's you're lucky day. My wife and I somehow ended up with a double purchase of their latest album, "Yes, Virginia..." Want our extra copy?

All you have to do is leave a comment with the most creative reason why I should give it to you. Best answer wins. And it's completely up to me. Muhahahaha! Don't forget to leave your e-mail so I can contact you. Just disguise it by spelling out the @ (at). You've got 24 hours. That means 12 noon on the 17 is the cut-off.

The contest is over, kids. Thanks for playing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kick Ass Chicks said...

Reason Numero Uno: because I’m poor
Second Reason, even better than the first: I have a radio show on a local, community run, non-commercial, non-profit, radio station and I would put this CD in the station CD library so all the other DJs can play it too!

Miss Communicate
of the
Kick Ass Chicks Radio Show
on WBCR-LP 97.7FM
kickasschicks at gmail.com

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kick Ass Chicks said...

I was assuming it was a CD, but if we're talking about an actual record... even better! It would go where lots of people could enjoy it.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It should go to me because...Chimps ate my disco-sheets. The supper of these intellectuals can't be denied access into the light house. Ultimately disturbing the gentle shades of our no nonsense non-sense. If we let them win, there will be no hope for the future...That's why.
Thank you.
JLoco

jloco AT walla.com

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it should go to me so I can continue to educate my girlfriend's kids (5,8, and 10) on good music. They're off to a good start because my gf has done a great job, but in the famous words of Bernard Sumner, "Every Little Counts"! It's for the children man...THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

:^)

rra AT robrem.net

9:34 PM  
Blogger Leif said...

Someone who bought a Dresden Dolls CD once is quite clearly of the highest strata of human evolution, but to end up with two, "superhuman" I'd say.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

If you haven't given it out yet, thence to me it must come. Reason being that you'll be paying part-dowry on behalf of your son who might be marrying my daughter in the future. When cyborgs fill the earth, bring it to birth, and blow it.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.