Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Work! Work! In and out and In and Out!

I'm not even going to try to get into a history lesson on this one...let's just say that before Alain Jourgensen became ALAIN JOURGENSEN he was, well, a wee bit new romantic, a wee bit synth-pop. He was not the man you know. The man of MINISTRY and REVOLTING COCKS and all the other projects he was involved with. No, he was this man:



These guys look so much alike, I'm not sure which one is the real Alain. Hmmm.

Now remember, we're talking 1983 here, kids. That's a looong time ago.

He made music that would surprise you, especially if you're familiar with the later stuff he was involved with. It's funny, but when my wife and I first got married, we went through our music collections and weeded out the duplicates. This was a band that we had no overlap with - this is the only Ministry album I owned, she owned all the others. So, the collection was complete, united, as one. I still maintain this is his masterpiece, although I believe he doesn't like to talk about it.



Ministry - Work For Love REMOVED
Ministry - I Wanted To Tell Her (listen to that bass!) REMOVED

Wow. And like so many times before, it's only available used. So click over and buy it from Amazon. Quick. There's only 8 left.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a video from this album on VH1 Classic just the other day. I hadn't thought about it since my band did a cover of "Effigy" back in high school.

Bruce
www.angryrobot.net

10:04 AM  
Blogger heath said...

aww mang I have this 12" its ahw-sum!

7:02 PM  
Blogger ms_anthropic said...

Oh, how I loved Ministry in those days. Did they ever catch hell for their fake-British accents.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.