Tuesday, March 22, 2005

recently...

Just got some new albums and I can't get over how good some of the songs are on the Even's album. The Evens are Ian Mackaye and Amy Farina, and well, there are a couple of tracks on here that just wonderful. It's really refreshing to hear Amy's influence on the whole thing and hear her sing. I'm so familiar with Ian's music that when you've just got two people in the band, you can almost dissect the creative contributions they've each made. Of course, I'm assumming a lot in doing so, but I can't help that. It's got this raw, stripped down sound to it, it's just refreshing.

I'm reluctant to post any tracks by them, the reasons are complex. I'm gonna have to stew on this one.

Apparently, Dischord will be offerring up their entire catalog within the month through the iTunes music store as well as on Downloadpunk.com. They're also working on making the catalog available through their own site as well as Microsoft Music.

Dischord | News

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

an enthusiastic second to your evens endorsement.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.