Thursday, November 04, 2004

ohhhh...the egg has broken...



So I'm back from vacation...it doesn't look like anyone's missed me...so sad. Two things happened that seemed rather important, one I won't talk about at all and the other I'll use to lead into my post...the death of John Peel. It's crazy to think about how much of an influence this guy has had...so many music collections contain multiple "John Peel Sessions" in them, it's insane. He will be missed. That being said, I want to point you over to Teenbeat records...they've got a little tribute up and it includes some tracks (or will include, over the next month) by the Eggs, a great band I had the fortune of seeing live when they toured with the Teenbeat Circus years ago. They've got a write-up about John Peel by Andrew Beaujon, one of the founding members of the Eggs (and Scaley Andrew) and currently a writer (for Spin magazine, among others). He's a very witty guy and their music shows it, although I wouldn't say that the first track up there isn't a good sample of their music...PLEASE check back when they post the second song, "A Pit With Spikes," as it is a great song (although I haven't heard this live version), I'll try to remind you when it posts.

The Eggs - Peel Sessions


And here's a bonus tune (actually it's a much better song than the instrumental one above), taken from the Teenbeat website as well.

The Eggs - This Party Never Ends


And while you're at it, I'd like to send you over to the Teenbeat website. Click on the listen section and check out some of the tracks there. Pay special attention to +/- (plusminus). They're quite good. But Versus, Unrest, Air Miami and Grenadine are also great standouts as well. Don't skip over the small arrow at the bottom of the listen section, it takes you to another entire page of songs.

Teenbeat Records

Here's a direct link to the +/- song.

+/- (plusminus) - Ventriloquist

3 Comments:

Blogger Tuwa said...

This +/- is good stuff, reminds me of a number of different artists but not in a bad way. :-)

9:27 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

+/- are on my list of newer favorites, both their full lengths are quiet good, although I lean towards the first one a bit.

If you're in the New York area, Teenbeat records is having a big show in February at the Black Cat Club. +/- will be there as well as a reunion of the eggs and a bunch of other bands. I've got more info if anyone's interested.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
**car clubs**car chicago club

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.