Friday, October 22, 2004

lots of hair


The Grapes of Wrath never really hit it here in the states, but apparently they were big in Canada...Interestingly, they were label mates with Skinny Puppy, which is how I discovered them. There was this time when i would purchase an album based solely on it's cover...and I do mean album, as in LP, as in Vinyl. I don't do that anymore, but this is one of those bands. I remember opening up a Skinny Puppy (I think it was Bites) purchase and discovering a list of other bands on the label and bought September Bowl of Green as a result. They are NOTHING like Skinny Puppy, but they fit in to my New Romantic/Mod leanings fairly easily. That being said, these two tracks are from their 1989 release, Now and Again (buy it here). This was produced by Anton Fier, of Golden Palominos fame.

The Grapes of Wrath - What Was Going Through My Head - REMOVED

The Grapes of Wrath - All The Things I Wasn't - REMOVED

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemme guess...you discovered them off of that Nettwerk sampler...I can't remember the name of it, but that's how I discovered them too. I've somehow managed to hold on to that CD over the years. I wish that i had the song that was on that compilation though. It was like nothing on the "Now and Again" album. A friend of mine bought their subsequent effort, "Treehouse", but neither of us really got into it. Great "sad bastard" music, as Jack Black might bleat in "High Fidelity";) I'm really quite amazed to stumble on this reference to them...I thought I and my friend were their only American fans....yay, I'm not alone :)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.