Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Musical Mathematics



So I purchased some new music recently...including The Dears' "No Cities Left." It really is, I must say, a good album...and I think I figured it all out. It's really come down to math, I think...and I came up with this equation. I'm not sure if this is infallible or not, so, if you get the chance, double check my math and give me some input as to whether or not my hypothesis is right.

Blur + The Bows + The Smiths + The Dears REMOVED

Now, in a perfect world I would actually substitue Long Fin Killie for the Bows, but I don't have any of their stuff with me at the moment, so the Bows will have to do. But this equation explains why I'm unable to come to any other conclussion other than the one I did...I'm mathematically unable to not like the album.

Am I wacked or?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Wright said...

You should check out End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story as well...

Good stuff.

Canada rocks these days, no?

8:32 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

Yeah, Canada's got a lot of musical momentum...It will be interesting to see if they can maintain and create a musical scene...hopefully so. I know the lead singer of the Dears was complaining about good venues up in his area to play at...but that's sort of the norm all over nowadays, isn't it?

Thanks for the tip...I'll check them out!

9:26 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

by them...i meant it...it being the dears earlier album...

i'm a goof.

11:54 AM  
Blogger heath said...

you had me at long fin killie. but then I listened and couldn't hear the LFK in it... so I think your equation is flawed. sorry =) definitely smiths, yes.

regardless, I loves me some LFK! I have been meaning to do a post about them for a while now. thanks for reminding me. and the dears are alright, too.

2:57 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

the LFK portion of the equation is strictly a vocal thing...nothing to do with the music...

does that help or ?

6:06 PM  
Blogger erik said...

I hear a dash of radio head and some other band as well which I can not place at the momement.

9:39 PM  
Blogger erik said...

Still looking for the other dash of band. However while researching I discovered this is very similar a male version of the cardingains early stuff.

Still trying to figure out what the scary drown reminds me of...

10:12 PM  
Blogger erik said...

I put two and two together today and figured out the black Morrissey on Mtv2 is the actually the Dears. I do not hear Morrissey on this track though which I live allot more than the video track.

9:32 PM  
Blogger erik said...

This sound would be better though if it had some violins in it...

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.