Sunday, January 30, 2005

I like the way you move when you move real slow...



So I'm bit excited here. I finally got my turntable up and working and that means, well, you can expect a lot more obscure music popping up here and there as I get to digitizing my albums.

The first thing I went and pulled out, mainly because it was near the front of my alphabatized row in the back of my closet, was Blue In Heaven. Blue in Heaven released two full lengths: All The God's Men in 1985 and Explicit Material in 1986. They followed those two releases up with an e.p., Rock 'n Roll R.I.P., which was produced by the Edge (U2), in 1988.

Blue in Heaven was an Irish foursome: Dave Clarke on drums, Declan Jones on bass, Shane O'Neil on guitar, keyboards and vocals, and Eamonn Tynan on guitar and keyboards. Apparently, Shane was a pretty big Iggy fan, and it shines through quite a bit, especially on tracks like "Be Your Man."

So, here you go, straight from vinyl to 0's and 1's to you. And by the way, it doesn't appear that you can find this anywhere except on vinyl...so that means used. Both of these tracks are from the 1986 release, Explicit Material

Blue In Heaven - I Just Wanna
Blue In Heaven - Be Your Man

And here's about the only mention I could find on these guys, over at Trouser Press. If you like these two tracks, I can post something from their other album as well, which is a bit different sounding, mainly due to the producer (Martin Hannett), it seems.

And please, let me know what you think about the sound quality of these. I'd love to hear some suggestions for improving them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe I'm a bit late, but if the mp3's are still available.....

have the vinyls, but they haven't survived the passing of time that well

paulanthony67@hotmail.com

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks my man

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brings back memories.
Would love to get hold of Sometimes
and In Your Eyes off first album.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Gary Camon said...

God that brings back memories - I remember seeing BiH in Arnotts basement years ago...if I'm not waaay too late the rest of that album would be much appreciated. Cheers.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Serial Complainer said...

Oh man, I can't stop grinning. This is bringing me straight back to hot, sweaty nights in the Baggot with BiH, who had (have) a beautifully hard edge by comparison to lot of the Dublin bands of the time. I'd love to get the rest of Explicit Material in mp3, if there was any chance at all?

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.