Tuesday, October 10, 2006

sweetness and light



It's not completely perfect, but it's hard not enjoy the sweetness of Lavender Diamond...and yeah, I don't think there name is all that keen myself, but I do like their sound..especially the first song:

Lavender Diamond - Rise in the Springtime

Lavender Diamond - You Broke My Heart

So what's not perfect? There's a bit too much repetition...both songs build nicely, then get stuck for a bit, making me feal like they could be about a minute shorter each. It's more of a vocal thing, I want the music to breathe a bit more than they're letting it. They've been touring with the Decemberists, apparently...

Head over to their site, there's also a solo track by Becky Stark, who I'm assuming is the singer for the band...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.