Tuesday, August 22, 2006

PR...uh...

I've been amazed at the amount of music being sent my way lately by PR people and record labels. It's simply overwhelming.

The hardest part for me is that I don't have time to dedicate to my original concept behind creating this blog...to share the more obscure releases in my collection. This influx of music from other sources is sometimes so good it's hard to pass up. And then I start to become what all the other blogs out there are...PR machines for the next release of so-and-so.

Is that so bad?

I don't know.

So if you're out there and have sent me something, don't be disheartened by my lack of posting it, I'm trying, really I am. At the same time, don't expect me to post it just 'cause you send it to me....I am a bit picky!

4 Comments:

Blogger N.E. said...

yeah, its true that getting sent a lot of stuff can mess-up the dynamic. plus, as you say its hard to find the time, when you're doing it in your spare time. i really can't deal with it anymore, so have extricated myself from the situation. i just wanna relax, put my feet up and listen to my records!

2:54 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

That's where I'm heading, I think...I've lost the desire....It's just taking me a long time to realize it.

Where will this take the site? Don't know yet.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Shawn @ Entroporium said...

Somebody sent me a PR package on Billy Ray Cyrus the other day. I mean, good God, Billy Ray Cyrus!!! My achy breaky heart sank.

9:13 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

That's hilarious...especially knowing your taste in music.

Haven't gotten anything that far off base, but I definately receive stuff that's way off base.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.