Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Something about a burro?

Got this email today...and the track is oh so nice...

The hey hey my my's is a bet launched on the number two: two artists, two
Juliens (Garnier and Gaulier), two guitars, two Hey’s, two my’s and a lot of
luck on two people becoming fundamental.

It all began on February 9th 2005, while singing a few songs for friends
during one of the Julien’s birthday party, a fire broke out in the
apartment. Luckily, no one was hurt, more fright than harm, but this
inspired the two Julien’s to think of a part of a Neil Young song saying
«It's better to burn out than to fade away », which lead them to name their
group with the title of this song : «hey hey my my».

Tempo being set by such a flaming start, both write and compose folk songs
in mind similar to Nick Drake, Frank Black, Paul McCartney, Johnny Cash or
Brian Wilson (nevertheless neither of the two Julien’s never really
listened to the Beach Boys !).


Hey Hey My My - Too Much Space


MySpace connections as well as their own site...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.