Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ROFLMAO

Don't know what it is, but lately I've had this knack for pulling some old music out of my collection with the idea of posting it and in my research discover that the band has tons of stuff up on their site. The latest example is John Wesley Harding. I first discovered him back in 1991, when i worked on a music video for his song "The World." It was a great experience at the time, and he proved to be a really nice, down to earth guy.

He gave the crew a signed copy of one of his limited re-lease promos and hung out with us after the video and having enjoyed working with him I kept up with him for awhile. Over the years I lost track of what he was up to and well, he's got a pretty strong web site with a good amount of tracks up for your perusal. Lots of live and rare selections, well worth the visit. At my first introduction to his music, I thought he fit into the sort of Lloyd Cole inspired singer/songwriter...with a bigger Bob Dylan influence. But listening to his stuff again has made me think there's a lot of Ray Davies in there as well.

John Wesley Harding - Heavenly Pop

John Wesley Harding - I Know Where I'm Going

Tons of more tracks up at his site, so please head over and check it out. And buy something directly from The Royal Society for the Protection and Care of John Wesley Harding while you're there. And visit the fairly official web home of JWH as well. And as far as I know, he did take his name from the Bob Dylan album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.