Thursday, May 12, 2005

Let's clean out your system

The Virgin Prunes formed back in 1977 in Ireland. They didn't easily fit into a "category," and as such stumped the critics. A mixture of performance, new romantic, goth and punk, they floated between musical camps. As such, their influence was felt everywhere. Gavin Friday, the lead singer, is still out and performing, releasing some pretty good solo work, in many ways more easily approachable than the Virgin Prunes.



These two tracks are from the 12" of "Love Lasts Forever," released in 1986.

Virgin Prunes - Love Last Forever REMOVED
Virgin Prunes - I Like The Way You're Frightened REMOVED



"Our love will last forever, until the day it days."

Here's an Amazon link for your shopping pleasure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made my day and took me back in time. I was a Virgin Prunes maniac, driving Dj's at a college station in Santa Barbara nuts asking for Ulakanakulot & Decline and Fall. I also got a Virgin Prunes book for Mother's Day. :)

I'm glad to see Gavin still performing and will always believe he's better than his old sell-out buddy, Bono. Friday had the real talent.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop now bcause the downloads are finished and I can't thank you enough for these songs.

9:38 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

A Virgin Prunes book for Mother's Day? How cool is that!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.