Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not so modest anymore

For the longest time, I felt like Isaac's voice (of Modest Mouse) reminded me of someone. I could never place it. The new album made me realize who it was. And now I'm not saying they're exact duplicates, but Isaac sounds like the indie/punk version of Steve Forbert.

Your response was probably one of two things:

What the heck? Did he just say what I think he did?

Or

Steve who?

Listen to these live tracks:

Steve Forbert The Baghdad Dream (live)

Steve Forbert - Honky Tonk Women (live)

Now these aren't necessarily Steve's best songs (by far), but they're all I have access to and well, I think they partly make my point. Doesn't mean you have to agree with me. Few people do.

Or maybe your response was shut up.

It's late and I'm still at work.

3 Comments:

Blogger erik said...

I think the new modest mouse is sounding more and more like xtc.

9:45 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

A friend of mine said the same thing...and I don't disagree! There's a lot more pop in this album...

10:36 PM  
Blogger erik said...

This is my least favortie XTC work:

http://chalkhills.org/reelbyreal/a_BlackSea.html

But looks very much like the new modest mouse video.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.