Thursday, July 06, 2006

rewind and behind

So far behind...life is slipping through my fingers...

Made another mix CD with my kids...it's such an interesting process, helping them make their disc. My son, who is 8, is starting to appreciate more complex music while my daughter, 4 1/2, loves the lyrics and ability to sing along with a song.

1) I'm A Little Dinosaur - Jonathan Richman
2) Three Feet High and Rising - Johnny Cash
3) Apocolypse Meow - You Say Party! We Say Die!
4) Underdog- The Dirtbombs
5) The Passenger - Iggy Pop
6) Choo Choo Train - The Box Tops
7) Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs
8) Where I'm Anymore - Grandaddy
9) Ghosts - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
10) Last Living Souls - Gorillaz
11) Owls Go (Remix by JimiC)- Architecture in Helsinki
12) Hearts of Oak - Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
13) Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads
14) Treehouse - I'm From Barcelona
15) Level - The Raconteurs
16) Pancakes for One - Of Montreal
17) Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
18) Do The Whirlwind Metronomy Remix - Architecture in Helsinki
19) The Passenger - Siouxsie & The Banshees

My son is a huge fan of the White Stripes, he's not completely sold on the Raconteurs yet (neither am I) but he's interested in them, thus the two songs by them. The Passenger is one of their favorite songs, thus both versions of that made the cut. The chorus' in both Apocalypse Meow and Where' I'm Anymore have meow in them, you can't help but sing along to those tracks!

3 Comments:

Blogger jonder said...

It warms my heart to think of kids listening to "The Passenger". Have your kids heard Wilco's "Hoodoo Voodoo"?

There's a fun mp3 blog called (Sm)all Ages about music for kids. My boys like "Ice Cream Truck" by the Leaving Trains!

2:58 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

It is funny there's no ska on here, my son really loves ska, but for some reason, he didn't want any on this collection. He was big into the Toasters and Bad Manners for awhile, but hasn't been listening to them as much. His all time favorite is the Clash and Big Audio Dynamite. He can't get enough of those guys.

The Vandals are a bit harder...too many bad words! They tend to avoid the harder punk like that, although they both love the Toy Dolls.

I'll have to check out that Leaving Trains track, haven't heard that name in awhile!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got good taste in music :)..

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.