Thursday, May 26, 2005

Architecture In Helsinki: Cafe du Nord 5-25-05



Saw Architecture In Helsinki last night. What a great show. The band was extremely happy - happy about the size of the crowd, happy to be in San Francisco, and happy it was the Tara the Tuba player's birthday today - the crowd sung happy birthday to her at the stroke of midnight.

They put on a great show, lots of energy, lots of band members moving around, playing different instruments throughout the show.



The highlight? Their cover of Love is the Drug rocked the night. Very unexpected on my part and beautifully done. If anyone has a recording of this, I'd love to have it.



The crowd was really into, even forming a congo line at the band's urging. The band was really tight, playing a good collection of songs from their two albums, including a great extended version of "Do the Whirlwind." I ended up buying the vinyl 12" of it, hopefully the extended version they played last night is the same as the one on the album, I'd assume so. They also covered a Randy Newman song, which, as I'm not overly familiar with his catalog, can't name for you.

They said they'd be back in September, I know I'll be there again.

Strange: I was the tallest in the crowd. Hmmm.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo i am so jealous. i heart aih....

10:23 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

Me too...and seeing them live only made it better...aren't they playing near you?

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are... but i am going to miss it because i have other plans. boo. :(

12:04 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

Ouch...

well, I've got a surprise post I'm working on that you'll be excited about then, hopefully it'll be up next week...if everything works out.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about department of energy. I also have a site about department of energy which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.