Monday, April 18, 2005

Captain Scarlet is Indestructible

Check out the cool camera case my love made for me:



The picture doesn't really do it justice, because with the camera in it, he looks like he just ate. I usually leave the cord hanging out...and it's quite funny.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So, with only a small bit of feedback on my experiment (all of it positive), I've decided to go ahead and take a leap of faith here and take another step. I'd love to hear from more of you as to whether or not this something you're enjoying or if I should just forget it. Come on, speak!

That being said, what I'm toying with is making Mondays the music video day. Every Monday, I'll post a new music video for your viewing pleasure. Most of them will be older and hopefully a bit obscure.

For today, let's sit back and listen keenly...here's Big Audio Dynamite with Sightsee M.C.

B.A.D. - Sightsee M.C. (quicktime) REMOVED

Now there's a couple of cool things about this video that I'd like to mention. It's style is very different from any other B.A.D. video. It's slower paced with longer shots and lots of slow motion. It was also shot in black and white and has a lot more of an emotional edge to it than their other videos. And here's why: it's directed by Jim Jarmusch. Yes, that's right. Director of Ghost Dog, Dead Man, Coffee and Cigarettes, Stranger Than Paradise, Mystery Train, etc. He even makes a little cameo.



I'm pretty sure that's him, looking all leathered out. Personally, I also love the people in it...the time period they capture is great, their outfits and moves are timeless. This is also during the time when the members of the band were at their best in terms of outfits as well...very over the top baseball hats and accessories...loved that stuff.

As an added bonus, I've reposted a link to a BAD song I had up a few weeks ago.

Big Audio Dynamite - Sight See West London REMOVED

So please, take some time to give me some input on this. Interested in seeing more of these?

And a special thanks to those who've already commented. If you missed the first music video I posted, go check it out here.

Here's the Amazon link for your Big Audio Dynamite fix. And Mick's latest project, Carbon/Silicon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jericho said...

I stand firmly behind your decision to post videos. Video blogs are the next wave.

7:20 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

I don't know if they're that big...but I'm having fun with it...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think it's a logical extension of the music blog, but I personally am not all that interested in videos.

I like the music blogs because I can preview a track quickly, drop it in the iPod and listen later when I have more time to really hear the song.

Obviously, (some) videos are cool, but I just really don't care either way.

Regardless, thanks for all the great stuff you provide.

10:22 AM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

Aha! A voice of dissent...

That's exactly what my concern was with doing this...we all know why people come to an mp3 blog, and half the time I feel like I'm lucky if they even read what I write, let alone take the time to watch a music video. I'm gonna keep doing it for a bit, see where it leads.

thanks.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

putting to waste some good money that could have been used in other areas of development for the business involved.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine the power of tens of thousands of other web sites being able to easily

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.