Wednesday, March 02, 2005

You don't like my ramblin...



If you like old style country swing, then check this guy out. Johnny Dilks captures the sounds of yesteryear, you can hear the tumbleweeds as he yodels.... I stumbled upon him completely by accident. Picture this, a small town christmas parade, bundled up with your wife. Through the horns and drums of the local high school marching band, a distant yodel breaks through. My ears perk up and there, down the street, I see the coolest dressed guy I'd seen all day. Hat perched back on his head, he yodels away and the parade, well the parade melts away.



In my small western swing collection, he's one of the few new guys who gets it right and then some. Unfortunately, his only CD is out of print. Fortunately, you can check out a good number of his tunes on his site. Which is good for me, because I was going to post some and well, he took care of it all for me. So spread the good news and listen to Johnny Dilks and his Visitacion Valley Boys. They just don't make 'em like this anymore.



Johnny Dilks & His Visitacion Valley Boys - Lose That Woman Blues
Johnny Dilks & His Visitacion Valley Boys - Jelly Roll Blues
Johnny Dilks & His Visitacion Valley Boys - Mama, I'm Comin' Home

There are a lot of previews of his other songs over at his site, at a lower bit rate, though. There's also some video of some of his performances to check out, including non-album tracks.

You can still pick up the album used over at Amazon.

2 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

yodelleeeeeeeeeeeee!!! fantastic..this is worth getting hold of indeed. I like this kind of thing very much...thanx again i will keep visiting

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting. I really like the raw, live sound of it. It makes feels like I'm sittin' right there in the honky tonk.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.