Tuesday, March 08, 2005

away from what I want to do..

So I'm going through a bunch of links I've accumulated over the years and well, some interesting things are popping up here and there. Unfortunately, I can't remember why some of these things are in here, or how they got to be where they are. So, I thought I'd share some with you.

First off, here's the Brother Kite. It sounds like these guys cut their teeth on bands like Ride and My Bloody Valentine. At times, they sound like someone put a Codeine album on and played it at 45rpm. Now imagine taking that and adding 3/4 cup of the Beach Boys and 1/2 cup of the Jesus and Mary Chain and that's the second tune, "The Way That You Came Down." In other words, give all three of their tracks a listen, even if the first one doesn't hit you right. There are four more songs over at there site, so be sure and pay them a visit.

The Brother Kite - Say My Name
The Brother Kite - The Way That You Came Down
The Brother Kite - Mere Appreciation



Next up is Park Avenue Music. Completely different from above, electronic music in the laptop vein, but something more. Very ethereal, and drifting...at times a bit of Tarwater. The first track is beautiful...light vocals over the top of a broken, static-filled soundtrack. Walking through the woods, the sun breaking through the leaves and temporarily leaving you unable to see. There are eight more tunes to be had over at their site, don't miss out!

Park Avenue Music - Sun So Bright
Park Avenue Music - Cutter
Park Avenue Music - Refurbished



And I'll stop with one more link, an off-shoot of Park Avenue Music: Lifeliner. Lifeliner is the home for the discarded Park Avenue Music tracks...they are then re-worked and re-made into something new. And it's not a bad thing, this recycling. There are only two tracks up at the site, but both stand on their own.

Lifeliner - Blue Tree
Lifeliner - Another Story

I'll try to do this more often, as there are quite a few more links to explore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Park Avenue Music a lot! Thanks!

7:07 AM  
Blogger heath said...

park ave is alright... have you heard telefon tel aviv?

6:33 PM  
Blogger guanoboy said...

telefon tel aviv? Haven't heard of them, similar sound, I take it?

8:46 PM  
Blogger heath said...

TTA is more uhh hard? no... less ethereal? nah. yea, they are similar! heh. I will work up a post on them for soon...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
What's that? grapejuiceplus.